Monday, November 1, 2010

Mesa Electronics 5I20 fpga-card and 7I48 6-channel analog interface



5I20 is a programmable pci-card, providing 72 I/O lines. 5I20 has three 50-pin connectors for I/O lines; one will be used for connecting the 7I48 analog interface card to the system, one will be used for the pendant connections and the last will serve as a machine connector (E-stop+limit switches...). I'll be using Linux EMC2 for controlling my machine and I'll have to learn some basic stuff of machine configuration files (.ini and .hal) to get everything up and running.


7I48 is a 6-channel analog interface for operation with 5I20 for motion control application. A single I/O connector of 5I20 will support six axis interface with the help of multiplexing. The 7I48 takes pwm signal from 5I20 and converts them to +- 10V analog output voltage for driving analog servo amps. In my case
5 x Aerotech BA20-160.



I purchased these cards from:
http://www.duzi.cz/shop_cnc/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1

No comments:

Post a Comment